A Power of Attorney (POA) form is a legal document that lets you appoint someone you trust, called your “agent” or “attorney-in-fact,” to manage your affairs if you’re unable to do so.
Simply download this .doc and .pdf format template, as an example, and complete all your paperwork by yourself without hiring a lawyer.
Top 10 benefits of Power of Attorney:
• without them, you lose control
• avoids the necessity of getting the court involved
• provides family members a good opportunity to discuss wishes and desires
• the more comprehensive the power of attorney, the better
• prevents questions about the principal’s intent
• prevents delays in asset protection planning
• protects the agent from claims of financial abuse
• allows agents to talk to other agencies
• allows an agent to perform planning and transactions to make the principal eligible for public benefits
• provides peace of mind for everyone involved