Whenever you make a payment, you should receive a payment receipt.
A payment receipt is a document a seller issues to a buyer after they receive money for goods or services: it proves payment, and a tax invoice shows the amount of tax payable from a transaction.
Create cash receipt forms fast, and include important details like addresses, line items, totals, taxes, and terms and conditions.
Generally, a payment receipt should contain the following information:
○ title or label – to make the purpose of the document clear
○ business name and logo – to identify the payment receiver
○ amount paid – to reference how much money was paid: total, subtotal
○ remaining balance due – to see if any more money is owed
○ payment method – to record how the payment was made
○ date – of the day when payment was received
○ receipt/ invoice number, terminal ID number – to check invoices correspond, if relevant
○ business contact details – address, phone number, email and website