A power of attorney (POA) provides people not only peace of mind but control after unpredictable events.
This legal document allows a person to appoint an agent to make decisions about finances and health care and manage those affairs should the person become unable to do so.
Simply download this .doc and .pdf format template, as an example, and complete all your paperwork by yourself without hiring a lawyer.
Top 10 benefits of Power of Attorney:
• without them, you lose control
• avoids the necessity of getting the court involved
• provides family members a good opportunity to discuss wishes and desires
• the more comprehensive the power of attorney, the better
• prevents questions about the principal’s intent
• prevents delays in asset protection planning
• protects the agent from claims of financial abuse
• allows agents to talk to other agencies
• allows an agent to perform planning and transactions to make the principal eligible for public benefits
• provides peace of mind for everyone involved